Protecting crops and improving yields
Growing populations and increasing consumer desire for year-round access to fresh produce call for more efficient production and crop protection methods. Polyethylene is a versatile material that can be used for agricultural films to protect crops and improve crop yield. The film is durable and maintains its integrity while being resource-efficient. All of this can translate into a longer harvest period.
Greenhouse and tunnel films offer clear benefits
- Allow for a greater diversify of crop types
- Protect crops from weather conditions and pests
- Reduce thermal shock between day and night
- Ensure effective watering
Polyethylene for greenhouse and tunnel films
Greenhouses and tunnels are generally made at very high layflats, as high as 65 feet. As a result, bubble stability is very important during production. Polyethylene films for these applications must:
- Resist exposure to UV light
- Resist fogging due to condensation of interior moisture
- Resist environmental contaminants (acid rain and particulates)
- Be tough enough to withstand abuse
- Allow the transmission of light
Key technologies for greenhouses and tunnels include DOWLEX? and DOWLEX? GM polyethylene resins, and AGILITY? performance LDPE resins.
We’ve taken our expertise in polyethylene and applied it to our industry knowledge in agriculture to enable high-performance agricultural films. Let’s talk about how we can help you yield your best results.