Safety drives airbag innovations
TPO and POE for airbag covers
Thermoplastic olefins (TPO) can help increase the safety of a vehicle’s interior by preventing brittle failures under high impacts like airbag deployments.???By using ENGAGE? polyolefin elastomers (POE) to manufacture TPO airbag covers, you can improve low-temperature ductility – helping important safety features like airbags to operate properly, even at temperatures below -30°C. ENGAGE? XLT POE can enable lighter, thinner TPO parts with increased stiffness, comparable impact strength and greater flow.??These engineered materials also provide:?
- Excellent toughness and flexibility?
- Enhanced aesthetic properties, like surface gloss?
- Potential reduction in cycle time, especially in POE-rich formulations
Fabric coatings, top coats and seam sealants
Meet your critical safety and design objectives with silicone elastomer fabric coatings, friction-reducing top coats, and seam sealants from Dow. Create smaller-sized, lighter-weight packages and more durable performance in all types of airbag system designs.??
Elastomer fabric coatings:?
- For cut-and-sewn, seam-sealed (CSSS) airbags, and one-piece-woven (OPW) airbags?
- Coatings for inflatable curtains?
- Friction-reducing top coatings??
- For sealing cut-and-sewn airbags?