Proven performance for challenging insulation glass applications
Structural Performance. Durability. Longevity. Weatherability. For over three decades, silicone insulating glass sealants from Dow have been used in structural glazing applications. With UV resistance and structural capability, these sealants free designers imagination, enables unique architectural possibilities.
Insulating glass sealants from Dow, used in conjunction with a polyisobutylene (PIB) primary sealant, consistently outperform non-silicone sealants in areas critical to the long-term performance of your IG unit, offering:
- Structural performance
- Excellent UV and weathering resistance
- Superior long-term durability
- Exceptional unprimed adhesion to most substrates
- Unmatched service temperature range
- Low shrinkage?
Meeting your needs
Dow silicone insulating glass sealants are offered in a range of sealant types and formulations to answer your specific challenges.
- Fast-curing two-part sealants increase productivity – shorter hold times enables you to build and ship more units.??
- One-part products simplify the application process.
- Neutral-cure sealants offer excellent adhesion to a wide range of glass types and metal spacers; compatible with soft-coat low-E glass, enabling you to use the highest quality glass available for your application.
Neutral-cure one-part and fast-curing two-part sealants can be used as secondary seals in insulating glass units, in applications including:
- IG units that will be structurally glazed
- Dual- and triple-IG units
- Gas-filled IG units
- IG units that incorporate specialty glass types
- Environments where high heat or humidity is encountered
- Cold climate environments
- Heat mirror applications ?