Healthcare and Hygiene
Enabling Health and Comfort
Collaborating to innovate in drug formulation, health and active comfort
Dow is working on new solutions that align with current and future market trends by engaging with formulators, brand owners and converters to understand unmet needs.
Our products are used to ensure quality and compliance in drug formulations. They are also used to improve the fit, functionality and comfort of disposable absorbent products as well as medical drapes, gowns and disposable medical applications such as bioreactor bags, IV bags and vials. Used in a range of health and hygiene applications, solutions from Dow offer a variety of benefits including:
- API and excipient grade CARBOWAX? SENTRY? PEGs produced from higher purity raw material sources
- Ease of processing combined with outstanding toughness, low sealing temperatures and stretchability with ELITE? enhanced polyethylene resins
- A balance between cost and performance with faster processing opportunities, downgauging without loss of performance in puncture, tear resistance and toughness with DOWLEX?, AGILITY? and DOW? Low Density Polyethylene Resins
- Excellent softness and drape; low melting point; good adhesion to polyethylene and polypropylene fibers and films with ASPUN? Fiber Grade Resins
- Added functionality and enhanced performance for compatibilization with BYNEL?, AMPLIFY? and FUSABOND? Functional Polymers
- Higher purity chemistries with our HEALTH+ and ENGAGE? HEALTH+ series to deliver the right balance of properties in bioreactor films, ampoules, vials and IV bags
- Elasticity and extensibility for better fit and comfort with INFUSE?, VERSIFY? and AFFINITY? plastomers and elastomers
- Thermoformed plastic cases are an economical solution for devices and equipment that are used in a wide range of healthcare settings. Dow’s PARALOID? impact modifiers and processing aids help enable the stringent performance requirements of these materials.
Polyolefin Elastomer Performance in Healthcare and Hygiene Applications - Webinar
Learn how ENGAGE? and INFUSE? are used in such areas as baby diapers, adult incontinence, and single-use bioprocessing reactors.
Sign up for email updates
New products, news, events, and more delivered to your inbox.