Insulating power delivery through underground transmission cable systems
Power transmission utilities require years of reliable, consistent service for their customers. For both aging and new transmission infrastructure – including those that connect renewable energy sources like wind, solar, hydro and geothermal to the grid – quality HVAC and HVDC cables are paramount to the reliability and longevity that utilities and their customers demand.??
Underground transmission cable systems made with quality materials – like ENDURANCE? compounds for cable systems - offer many benefits, including:?
- Increased protection against external factors such as weather, vandalism, etc., resulting in greater reliability?
- Lower visual impact and no vegetation management versus overhead lines?
- Smaller right of way and faster approval of applications for installation?
- Lower emission of electromagnetic noise??
- Lower short- and long-term maintenance costs than overhead lines??
Quality materials for quality cable systems??
Along with advocating intelligent undergrounding, the concept for burying cable when and where it makes sense, we also believe that quality cables can only be derived from quality materials. We produce ENDURANCE? compounds to the highest global performance standards – under the strictest quality control, handling, packaging and shipping guidelines.