Textiles, Leather and Nonwovens
Style and Sustainability
Making statements with sustainable fabrics and fashions
From protecting leathers against moisture or abrasion, to optimizing fiber production processes, to offering more sustainable textile printing solutions, to helping fashion textiles stay crisp and wrinkle-resistant,?our proven suite of chemistries for leathers and fabrics can help you meet the needs of diverse consumer and industrial markets.
Our broad range of technologies includes thread lubricants and sizing agents for fiber production, pretreatments and inks for dyeing and printing applications, and performance enhancers and aids for textile processing. Let’s collaborate on ways we can help you:
- Provide natural and synthetic fibers that meet a range of performance and regulatory requirements
- Develop unique, high-performance coatings that impart superior feel, water repellency and resistance to abrasion and soiling
- Achieve reductions in cycle time and required rinses
- Offer brighter colors on cotton while reducing water, energy, dye and chemical use
- Offer water-based screen printing inks that looks great, feels soft, and doesn’t crack, fade or run
Enhancing the look, feel and performance of leather and synthetic alternative materials
Dow’s portfolio includes processing aids, additives and finishing solutions for natural leather manufacturing, including tanning agents and lubricants for crust treatment, as well as acrylic and silicone base- and top-coat finishing.
Our offering also covers finishing solutions providing superior texture, haptic and sensory properties for artificial and synthetic materials used as alternatives to natural leather, including silicone emulsions and acrylic/PU dispersions for PVC and polyurethane.
Sign up for email updates
New products, news, events, and more delivered to your inbox.