Satisfying tough challenges with proven performance
Polyethylene (PE) is widely used in the world today to efficiently protect and transport all types of products. It offers durable items that makes life convenient and enjoyable. The versatility and simple structure of polyethylene delivers multiple types of sustainable solutions throughout the value chain. Dow offers a broad range of polyethylene products with a variety of properties for new innovation.
PE serves a wide range of application needs, including:
- Low density polyethylene (LDPE) with the flexibility and melt strength for containers, bottles, tubing, membranes, computer components and laboratory equipment.
- Linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) with the flexibility/stiffness balance and stress cracking resistance for a wide range of films and rigid packages.
- High density polyethylene (HDPE) with a balance of stiffness, toughness, ESCR, heat resistance and organoleptic properties for bottles, caps and closures, fitments, crates, pails, lids and thin wall containers.
- High molecular weight high density polyethylene (HMWHDPE) for pipe, large drums, industrial bulk containers and lumber.
- Medium density polyethylene (MDPE) with a balance of stiffness, toughness, ESCR and sintering properties for rotomolded articles such as recreational playground equipment, kayaks and industrial bulk containers and tanks.
- Tough ultra-density polyethylene for armor, climbing equipment and parachutes